PRP Centrifuge Medifuge
High quality PRP centrifuge Medifuge CGF from Silfradent - specially designed for Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) and PRF (Platelet Rich Fibrin) production with PRP tubes - fractional centrifugation with preset 6-part program. Medical device class IIa.
For efficient platelet/growth factor yield.
PRP centrifuge - Medifuge
High quality CGF centrifuge - specially designed for PRP production - fractional centrifugation with preset 6-part program.
For efficient yield of platelets/growth factors.
For centrifugation, it is not about the rotation, but about the relative centrifugal force and this depends on the rotor size.
We work according to the latest protocol with low RCF; two studies came out recently regarding this.
The Medifuge is standard in 80 countries around the world when it comes to PRP therapy.
Do NOT use laboratory centrifuges for the production of PRP. Certification as a class 2a medical device must be available!
The Medifuge PRP centrifuge has this certification as well as a sterilization cycle to contain cross-contamination.
A "practice centrifuge" is required for the use of PRP / PRF in medicine. Practice centrifuges are commonly referred to as centrifuges used for therapeutic treatments, for example, for the preparation of autologous blood preparations. Therefore, these centrifuges are classified as class 2a medical devices. The Medifuge CGF PRP centrifuge meets these requirements.
- Microprocessor control system allows maintaining a constant speed;
- The exception rotor system with self-ventilation protects the blood sample from heat exposure. The rotor holding compartment, lid and test tube holders ensure biological safety in terms of biological containment in the event of test tube breakage.
- The test tube holders and rotor are made of thermal antistatic material that is easy to clean, extract and sterilize in an autoclave at 135 °.
- MEDIFUGE CGF is equipped with a decontamination cycle with UVC-reflected light.
- The electronic control motor and its internal parts are maintenance-free.
- The noise level falls below the required standards and does not exceed 57 dBa.
The MEDIFUGE CGF is a powerful and versatile centrifuge with direct operation for maximum ease of use.
MEDIFUGE CGF is the result of close collaboration with experienced dentists and surgeons and careful study of current technological innovations in the electromechanical and electronic fields.
The shape of the rotor and the inclination of the tubes have been designed to obtain excellent results when used.
The instrument is designed to operate only with the original rotor and test tube holder.
MEDIFUGE CGF has two operating cycles for centrifugation of blood to maintain fibrin concentration and fibrin clots.
To protect the motor, the control board is equipped with current and voltage control to prevent electrical overloads. In the event of a failure of the machine or the control card, the lid remains closed until the rotor stops.
- Orthopedic surgery
- Maxillo facial surgery
- Oral surgery
- Cosmetic surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Power source: 230V +/- 10% | 50/60 Hz
- 100-115 V 50/60 Hz;
- Rated power consumption: 120 VA;
- Weight: 9.4 kg;
- Dimensions: 230 PX 320 LX 240 H.
Always insert the tubes in pairs and in opposite holders to balance the rotor as shown in the figure to avoid vibrations that could damage the blood components and cause hazards.
Scope and use
Description of the CGF
It is the desire of every surgeon to have material that heals wounds and prevents all secondary effects of surgical procedures (edema, dehiscence, infections, hematomas, etc.). Growth factors are molecules that can specifically activate these processes. They can be natural or synthetic. The peculiarity of GFs (Growth Fac- tors) is their excellent reactivity even at very low concentrations. In fact, we are in the order of μg.
It is certainly better to obtain GFs directly from the patient's tissue. Blood is the donor tissue that is easiest to handle.
The best known GF extraction techniques are:
- fibrin sealant (Tissucol Baxter)
- cPRP platelet concentrate (Marx 1998)
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
- Plasma rich in growth factors (PRGF E. Anitua)
- Fibrin-rich plasma (2001 J. Choukroun)
- CGF (Concentrated Growth Factors IAIO2006,)
The C.G.F. (Concentrate Growth Factors) is a reparative biomaterial comparable to the platelet and fibrin concentrate, enhancing the properties of this technique. The autologous matrix consists of a fibrin block and a platelet concentrate, with a large amount of:
- Plasma cytokines
- platelets: Platelets
- Activated fibrin
Special biological properties of C.G.F.:
- Blood coagulation with formation of a flexible and elastic fibrin network.
- Neoangiogenesis (promotion of vascularization and graft survival)
- Cytokine activation in plasma
- Local activation of the immune system
- Release of GFs from platelet disaggregation and fibrin concentration.
- Proliferation of fibroblasts and osteoblasts.
- Repair stimulation and modulation Structural and mechanical properties of CGF:
- Slow and natural polymerization leads to physiological thrombin concentration.
- Trimolecular and Multiple Fibrin Monomer Compounds
- The thin, soft, elastic and permeable network allows the settlement of reparative cells, red and white blood cells, platelets and antibodies.
C.G.F. is prepared by drawing the patient's blood into 10 ml glass PV 200R tubes, which are immediately centrifuged using MEDIFUGE CGF from Silfradent S.r.l.. Up to two to eight tubes can be drawn up and centrifuged simultaneously.
A single centrifugation without addition of other substances results in fractions3 in each tube. A lower portion containing all the red blood cells, an upper portion containing the platelet-poor plasma (PPP), and a fibrin clot between these two fractions that is removed from the tube with scissors and separated from the red fraction. The clot can be used in the form of a membrane by pressing it or breaking it into smaller fragments.
MEDIFUGE CGF centrifuges from Silfradent S.r.l. with the kit accessories are designed for processing blood to obtain C.G.F. in a sterile environment so as not to contaminate the material to be implanted.
Any use other than that indicated is not permitted.
The MEDIFUGE CGF is a centrifuge for dentistry, cosmetic surgery and general surgery.
This centrifuge must be used in combination with the selected or specially developed accessories of this kit to obtain blood clots and blood components for use in the clinic:
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- cosmetic surgery
- general surgery
- healing of ulcers
- healing of wounds.
The environment in which the centrifuge is used must have a maximum temperature between and20 °C, 25because the separation of the blood to obtain the CGF must take place within this temperature range.