Can PRP therapy help with erectile dysfunction?
PRP-Therapy can help with problems such as impotence caused by nerve damage, surgical scars, injury and even ageing. PRP serum contains platelets, growth factors and other healing components that can repair damaged tissue and regenerate blood vessels and nerves to increase sensation and pleasure.
Impotence, or the inability to have an erection, is a more common problem in men. You may be interested to know that impotence also includes the inability to build up a suitable quality for penetration.
PRP therapy for erectile dysfunction is an innovative form of treatment that is being used recently. And has the potential to help the millions of men who suffer from the problem.
Typical causes of erectile dysfunction
Before discussing how PRP treatment can help with erectile dysfunction, it is important to understand the main causes of the condition.
Experts now agree that erectile dysfunction could be an indication of a more serious underlying problem that needs to be addressed. If you think you have erectile dysfunction, it is important to consult your doctor. You may need to undergo a series of tests to understand the causes.
- Hypertension and hardening of the arteries
- Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
- Hormone imbalances
- Side effects of certain medications
- After-effects of prostate or prostate surgery
- Neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease and MS. Depression, stress and anxiety
- Peyronie's disease, in which there is scar tissue in the penis
- Chronic fatigue
Depending on the test results, your doctor will recommend diet and lifestyle changes. With proper exercise, medication and diet, you can improve blood flow throughout your body and reduce stress. These measures can help you with erectile dysfunction. For other causes like injuries or nerve disorders, you can opt for PRP therapy for erectile dysfunction.
How PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) works for erectile dysfunction
The doctors take a small blood sample and extract the PRP plasma by centrifuging it. Once the red blood cells are gone, they can create the PRP plasma, which contains a concentration of repair elements. These components include platelets, growth factors, mesenchymal stem cells, cytokines and various other histoform cells.
When PRP therapy is performed on the male limb, it creates a repair waterfall that can reverse most causes of impotence. PRP treatment for erectile dysfunction is not only safe and unlikely to cause any unwanted or side effects. However, you will find that the cost of PRP injection is much lower compared to other forms of treatment.
Case studies on PRP therapy for erectile dysfunction are successful
One of the first questions patients have is whether PRP treatment is really effective.
Doctors at the National Centre for Biotechnology Information ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5754585/ ) conducted studies on a group of patients. Here is the research progress and results.
- The doctors selected 17 subjects and developed a procedure with two injections for each patient.
- Patients were given a local anaesthetic which they applied generously to the treatment area.
- Laboratory technicians drew 18 ml of blood from the forearm vein into two separate test tubes.
- They placed these tubes in a centrifuge and spun them at 6000 rpm for 6 minutes.
- After adding 10% calcium chloride to each tube in a 1:10 ratio, the doctors made 5.5 ml of PRP serum.
- Within 10 minutes of making the serum, the doctors carefully and precisely injected it into specific areas using extremely fine needles. Each patient received between 4 ml and 9 ml of serum and the entire procedure took 30 to 40 minutes.
- The subjects stayed in the clinic for 20 to 30 minutes after the observation procedure. The doctors also wanted to make sure that they had no adverse effects.
- The patients were asked to participate in follow-up visits within 15 months. When asked about their experience with PRP for erectile dysfunction, they talked about higher quality erections, better curvature and more confidence.
Effectiveness of PRP therapy
PRP therapy for erectile dysfunction has been shown to be effective due to the regenerative capacity of serum growth factors.
- When the muscles in the penis used the PRP serum as a matrix for new tissue growth, the organ enlarged.
- PRP has the ability to grow new blood vessels. With improved blood flow, patients were able to achieve higher quality and lasting erections.
- PRP can regenerate damaged nerves, improve emotions and increase pleasure.
- PRP treatments can repair scar tissue and regenerate lost collagen, elastin and blood vessels. For this reason, treatment for Peyronie's disease and post-operative scars may prove to be the best solution for ED.
- Proven treatment provides psychological boost and relieves nervousness.
PRP treatment for erectile dysfunction compared to conventional alternatives
PRP therapy for erectile dysfunction is a better choice than conventional treatments because it has no side effects or adverse reactions. The positive effects are achieved by the body using its own blood and tissue to repair itself. In addition, you should stop taking the pills as the effects of the procedure are likely to last at least 12 to 15 months or longer. Perhaps the best positive is that the process is minimally invasive and does not involve surgery.
Although initial results from case studies are promising, doctors agree that more research is needed before PRP injections become a regular recommendation.