Following up after PRP / Vampire Lift treatment is important for effective results.
Taking good care of your skin after a PRP treatment is important to protect your skin from possible infections and to ensure that you get the best results from the vampire lift treatment. Follow the recommendations of your PRP practitioner carefully and over time the side effects will recover even as your skin takes on a smooth and radiant appearance.
What can you expect directly after a PRP treatment?
When you sign up for PRP treatment, the dermatologist will explain to you how the procedure works. Your doctor not only guides the dermaroller or dermapen through your skin, but also applies the plasma to your skin at short intervals. The effect of the microstyling is enhanced by the plasma penetrating the pores. Here it rejuvenates the collagen and elastin layer, giving you younger looking skin.
If you're wondering what to expect after a micro style, know that your skin will look a little bloody and slightly red. You can also expect a stinging sensation, insensitivity to the topical painkillers and tenderness. To help with mild discomfort, your practitioner will apply ice packs, which will also reduce swelling.
Once you are ready to go home, the doctor will explain the aftercare of the "vampire face" so that you get the best results from the treatment. Here are some of them:
- Do not touch your skin for at least 6 hours. Allow the plasma to remain on your skin so that it continues to work.
- You can wash your face the next morning with lukewarm water, but avoid using cleansers that can cause damage. Wash your hands with soap before touching the skin.
- Dry carefully, being especially careful not to rub the skin. You may feel that the skin is firmer than usual. However, over the next few days to 2 weeks it will soften and feel soft and smooth again.
- While the discomfort should go away within 24 hours, take Tylenol if you continue to have pain. Do not take anti-inflammatory or other medications without consulting your doctor.
- Use ice to relieve swelling, but place a thin cloth between the pack and your skin. Avoid direct contact and schedule applications at 5-minute intervals.
- Sleep with your head elevated on your back for the next 2 days. This will help reduce swelling and bruising.
- As part of your facial care, do not use exfoliants or other harsh products on your skin for at least 72 hours. However, you can use a non-chemical organic cream such as Serum for PRP, which is gentle and can even be combined with your own plasma.
The "don'ts" of vampire facial aftercare
Your dermatologist will probably give you some advice to follow for at least 72 hours after your PRP treatment. Here are some of them:
- Don't put make-up on. When applying skincare products, be sure to wash your brushes thoroughly to remove all infectious agents.
- Stay out of the sun and add routine UVA/UVB, SPF 25 or greater sunscreen to your skincare routine.
- Avoid swimming. Or any other activity that can cause sweating, such as stress training at the gym. Remember that your skin is soft and needs protection as part of your vampire aftercare.
- Avoid tanning beds, steam or sauna rooms, hot tubs, hot showers or other activities that heat the skin.
- Avoid all types of skin care products that can cause damage or exfoliation. Facials, facial treatments and laser treatments certainly are not.
- Do not take alcohol or blood thinners for at least 6 hours.
After-effects of the PRP facial treatment
If you follow your dermatologists' recommendations after PRP treatment, you should see positive results in just one week. You can expect redness and bruising in the first 24 hours. The skin may also look rough. On the second day, the redness may become a little calmer and look like sunburn. However, you can expect more swelling. This is a sign that the treatment is working as expected.
The swelling will subside over the next 3 to 5 days. You will only now notice that there is a reddish skin that can easily be covered with light make-up. For about a week, you will feel that your skin is warmer than normal and feels firmer. After this period, you can expect the effects to diminish and you will see positive results. Your skin will look smooth and without wrinkles. You will also notice a rejuvenated glow even as pigmentation, dark circles and scars and spots begin to fade.
The effect of the PRP treatment can last for 10 to 12 months if you follow the Vampire facial care carefully. Of course, this interval also depends on your body's healing abilities and how it reacts to the procedure.